Machine - Faradic
W Watson & Sons (estab. 1837, closed 1969)
Faradic battery machine in stained and lacquered wooden box with metal fastening and small lower compartment for the battery. The secondary core is chipped inside the lid. Black face panel holds primary coil and interruptor, on/off switch, power control and patient terminals. Patient leads within different gauze covered electrode and hand held stimulating electrode with wooden handle and small gauze covered electrode attached are in a separate plastic bag. Two brass screw rings were found with the machine but it is doubtful whether they are part of it. There are also two load electrodes. The battery in the lower compartment is a 4 1/2 volts Eveready General Purpose Battery no. 761. The case has a leather carry handle.