Fifteen desk tops from the Anatomy and Pathology building, University of Melbourne
Melbourne Medical School’s first building, completed in May 1864, was situated on the north-eastern part of the campus, across the lake from the rest of the university. Plans for a new Medical School building to be constructed alongside it were prepared by Reed and Barnes Architects in 1883, with technical advice from Professor Harry Brookes Allen. The Anatomy and Pathology Building was completed in 1885, and later nicknamed 'Old Pathology' (now renamed the Elisabeth Murdoch Building). These wooden desk tops - inscribed by generations of students - are from the lecture theatre in that building.
See full details
512 x 29 x 3 cm (MHM2015.10.4)
242 x 31 x 3 cm (MHM2015.10.5)
129 x 29 x 3 cm (MHM2015.10.6)
169.9 x 31 x 3 (MHM2015.10.7)
598 x 31 x 3 (MHM2015.10.8)
560 x 30 x 3 (MHM2015.10.9)
180 x 32 x 3 cm (MHM2015.10.10)
267 x 32 x 3 cm (MHM2015.10.11)
194.5 x 31 x 3.3 cm (MHM2015.10.12)
385.0 x 29.3 x 3.1 cm (MHM2015.10.13)
380.0 x 28.6 x 3.2 cm (MHM2015.10.14)
349.5 x 28.2 x 3.6 cm (MHM2015.10.15)
Do you know something about this object?
Be the first to comment on this object record.