Professor George Britton Halford (1824-1910)
Black and white reproduction of a photograph of Professor George Britton Halford (1824-1910), the first Professor of Medicine at the University of Melbourne. It was 1 May 1863 when Halford , first arrived as first professor in the Medical School. In 1876 the faculty of medicine was established and took over administration of courses from the Medical School Committee. Halford was elected dean and held office until 1886 and again in 1890-96.
See full details