Plaque recognising multiple donors
Large brass plaque mounted on timber backing, text engraved and filled with black enamel.
Large lettering at top: "Donations Received / for equipment and / furnishings" and below a horizontal line "Nicholas Aspro Ltd L3000 / Armadale & Malvern Auxiliary L1100 / Big Business Ball L500 / Baker Benefactions L300 / Ball & Welch Auxiliary L140". (Note capital L designates a pound sign). Engraved by A. T. Webb.
It is possible this plaque was mounted in the ground lift floor foyer of the Services Block which was demolished c.2001, in which case it came to Archives earlier than 2008.
Possible date 1937.
See full details