Pears transparent soap
A & F Pears Ltd (estab. 1835)
Oval-shaped soap bar with Pears name on top and "Pears Transparent Soap" on the bottom.
Pears transparent soap is a brand of soap first produced and sold in 1807 by Andrew Pears, at a factory just off Oxford Street in London, England. It was the world's first mass-market translucent soap. In the mid 1910s, Pears’ soap became part of Lever Brothers and moved production in the north west of England.
See full details