Assistant's Certificate provided to Mr Hugh Munro
1. Society of the Art and Mystery of Apothecaries of the City of London
2. Pugh Brothers, Engravers
Assistant's Certificate awarded to Hugh Munro on 17 August 1876, by the Society of the Art and Mystery of Apothecaries of the City of London. The certificate enabled Hugh Munro to work as an Assistant Apothecary, under the supervision of a fully qualified Apothecary.
The Society of Apothecaries as a City Livery Company(inorporated in 1617) did not have jurisdiction over apothecaries practicing beyond the City of London or within a ten-mile radius of it until 1 August 1815.
The original donor of the certificate was a Mr. F. Nuttall, of Edithvale. Mr. Nuttall donated the Dr. Hugh Munro Collection to the A.M.A. in August 1962.
See full details
signatures ▫ carries twelve signatures, including Richard H Robertson, Secretary