Mayer & Meltzer (estab. Circa 1848, closed 1950)
Wooden leg splint used for fractures. Includes rectangular foot piece leather strip sewn down side. Fabric glued to outside of foot piece. Wood is curved and hollowed, with fenestration for malleolus (bony prominence on each side of ankle).Part of splint collection from Dr Amos Bowman's (1881-1959) , MBBBS (1906), FRCSE (1912) Holbrook practice ( operational in 1930s and 1940s) which includes resting or immobilisation splints for fractures, sprained joints, ligaments and dislocations.
owner's mark/inscriptions ▫ 'A.W. Bowman, Holbrook Please Return' ▫ 0 - Whole